The first ‘church’ of Rincon was not more than a hut on the hill of Para Mira. Pastor Smit built the first real church approximately at the place of where FKPD building is now (next to the current church). This church was open in 1837 by Mgr Niewindt and was named after St. Maarten. In 1858 Rincon became a parish.
In the middle of the village stands the Catholic Church. Work on the construction of this church began in 1860. Volunteers collected the stones needed to build the church in the area and carried them to the construction site. On September 17 1861 the church was opened. In October 1907 the church was destroyed by a storm. In 1908 the church was rebuilt on the same place by pastor Ambrosius Euwens. This church was named after the Dominican Saint St. Ludovicus Bertrandus.